Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Weekend Away

Hey everyone!

Sorry, I've been completely silent lately. This past weekend my wife and I had a weekend away trip planned(before I knew I was going to lose my job) and we had a blast together.

Saturday: We drove to "The Beach" waterpark located next to Kings Island in Cincinnati, Ohio. We arrived at 10 am(when they opened) and were gone by 11:30am. I can't even express how disappointing that water park has become.

I remember the last time I went, I had a BLAST. Now, it seems just completely run down, dirty and full of a very rude staff(with the exception of one, maybe two).

So, after we left we decided to go to the Newport(Kentucky) Aquarium, since our check-in for our hotel wasn't until 3pm.

Wow, did we have fun! I really enjoy zoo's and aquariums, but I think that may be the best one I've been too yet! Very neat fish, sharks, octopuss, jellyfish..you name it! I highly recommend anyone to check that out if you live near the area or will be planning a trip around the area. It's just outside of Cincinnati, Ohio..it lies on the border of Ohio/Kentucky.

I even touched a shark! I'm scared as hell of those things, but I did it! Felt like sandpaper!

After we were done, we checked into our hotel room and relaxed/took showers before going to dinner. We watched Jurassic Park, since it was on HBO and I now remember why I love that movie so much.

After we were ready, we went to the famous Montogomery Inn("Ribs King"). They in fact were the best ribs I've ever had in my entire life and I can't wait to go back there again(they just opened one decently close to us!).

Sunday: Went to the Cincinnati Reds baseball game against the Washington Nationals. We lost, but we had a blast.

That was our weekend and we enjoyed every second of it. It was nice to have a "mini vacation" with my wife.

Thanks for reading!!

-Matt-

1 comment:

Diablo123owns said...

That is a crazy fun weekend. You touched a shark!?!? and it felt like sandpaper? haha, I always thought it was smooth like.

Good stuff, Matt.