Friday, August 7, 2009

Fast and the Furious(2009) Review

My buddy bought this movie on blu-ray on release and finally let me borrow it! I've been dying to see it, so I finally got to watch it yesterday.

The movie picks up after the second film and everything is happening while the third film is going on, from what I understand. Hopefully that makes sense to everyone.

Pre-thoughts:

I heard a lot of good news about the movie initially. I loved the first two and thought Tokyo Drift(3) was OK at best. So, when I found out they were bringing back the original crew from the first movie, I was pumped. Some have said it was the best out of the series!

Thoughts:

-I loved Vin Diesel and Paul Walker together in the first movie. I think they are both good actors and I love how they are on each side of the playing field(ie. cop vs wanted).

-A lot of action and explosions = greatness

-They had some REALLY neat cars in the movie

-Story wasn't as good in my opinion as the first movie. On par with the second movie.

-Not as much racing as I would have liked

Overall:

-It is probably my second favorite in the series. I think the cast alone gives it the edge over the second movie.

-I highly recommend anyone seeing this movie if they can. I'd watch the first and second before seeing this one, so you know the character relationships.

8/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been dying to see this film, loved the first, second was OK, not seen the third. But as the original cast is back it should be a good watch.
I'll definitely get this as you've recommended it :-)