Thursday, August 6, 2009

Harry Potter: Half-Blood Prince Review

Before reading this, please check out the previous post for an update on this blog!

So the first official movie review for this channel is Harry Potter: Half-Blood Prince aka Harry Potter 6.



As always, I took my sister(Kuhellsea) to see the movie because it is tradition that we see all HP movies in theatre.



Pre-thoughts:



We had read/heard mixed reviews about this movie through various websites/friends, ect. We were still extremely excited to see it and the trailer was enough to get me past the negativity it has received. Something I cannot comment on is the fact that some of the HP book READERS said that the movie strayed from the book a bit, so while I hope this isn't too true, I feel it probably is.



Thoughts:



-This movie was definitely in my top 3 favorite HP movies to be released. Number one favorite being Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I definitely enjoy the more darker side to the story now that Voldemort is fully released and back to ass kicking power.



-Malfoy had a much bigger role in the movie and I was finally glad to see Malfoy with a more prominent role(but I'm not telling what it is!).



-There was a much higher comedic value to the movie as well. Many more scenes had made me laugh or smile than the others, especially some scenes with Ron.



-As I said before, they put a bit more comedy in it, but they kept up with the darkness that is surrounding Hogwarts/Harry and his crew.



-The one thing I was annoyed with was the fact that they keep going back and forth with the love interests of Harry, Ron and Hermine. I understand that they are getting older and with age attractions grow and it is part of character development, but I wish they would reduce it.



-There was a huge ending and I am extremely excited to see the movie to follow.



Overall



As I said before, it is in my top 3 favorite HP movies of all time. It will be one I buy upon release and can't wait to watch again.



If you are a HP fan, I highly recommend seeing it in theatres if you can, but if not, definitely need to see it on DVD upon release!



8/10

No comments: